Gahh! It has been a week since I last updated, but anyways... I'm only here if I've something to say. It's not like everyday I have new updates or interesting events to keep my mind working along with these fingers to actually type something here.
____
I'd discovered my buried interest in serious music a.k.a. classical music eversince watching Nodame Cantabile and (with gratitude) knowing an awesome friend. In actual fact, classical music is everywhere - In adverts, as background music of your favourite TV drama to name a few. It is so familiar that sometimes we might not even notice. For example, Strauss' Du und Du - Waltz Op. 367. This title may seem so distant and alien but you've actually heard of it countless times, mostly in ballroom dancing scenes. And if this still doesn't ring a bell, this classic marvel has served its purpose in a number of the Tom and Jerry cartoon episodes.
And also, Turkish March by Mozart has been improvised into various versions - the latest one being techno. Even the most popular number by Bizet, Carmen - Habanera is adapted into a Chinese song! Scene from Act II of Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky is horribly adapted into a pop song, sung by the popular female band - S.H.E..
And one of the default ringtones in Samsung mobile phones is actually Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite: Waltz of the Spring.
These are only a few from the lot that I can actually name. Set Jazz aside, classical music is what I'm listening to now. =D
Happy-o-meter reads: 7/10
Currently listening to: Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite - danse Des Mirlitons (good stuff, this one)
No comments:
Post a Comment