Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Updated: Bank Negara Scholarship Interview 4/5/09



So this was basically what we had to do...

1) There were only 11 candidates on that day, unlike JPA's huge pool of population. This was good because we actually got to know everyone there.

2) So, all of us were divided into two groups. One would start off with the interview and individual presentation while the other group will proceed to write essays and prepare a group presentation.

3) ESSAYS?!!! Yup, we had to write 2 essays, one in BM and one in English. Each of us was given an hour to write two essays which were >150 words in length! And the question booklet looked freakishly alike as those we'd gotten during SPM (except that it was smaller).

4) For the group presentation, we were given a case and our task was to come up with solutions to solve it. I can't remember any of the details.

5) Lunch was awesome! The dining place looked like restaurants in some expensive hotel! And the orange juice was great!

6) The individual presentation was a pain in the butt. We were suppose choose a stance whether or not to support the issue. Basically, the issue sounded like this:-

Do you support the idea of working from home?

I opposed. LOL... The panels, from what I'd heard from my group mates, shot us with arguments and what we had to do was to... fight back lor...

7) The interview. Each of us had to face 3 panels... No, we didn't go in fives like the JPA thing. This is more professional (rofl).

I guess I've covered everything. Oh! The whole process of the interview + presentation + lunch lasted for 9 hours.

=)=)=)

4 comments:

Cj said...

Et tu,
u got the Bank Negara Scholarship?????
congratulations!!!
that'll be for chemical/financial engineering, or accounts?

Patsy said...

No laa, just the interview only. I applied for economics n accounting.

Cj said...

...wow. (O_O)
that strict on the criterias, eh?
[the BN authorities...no, i mean Bank Negara.]
results chai iao ah boi?
semoga berjaya, chieh chieh!!!

Patsy said...

ROFL... BN!
Apa chieh chieh?! U uncle!
Results ah boi chai laa...