As I'm sitting down typing this, there are a few thought running through my mind. One, is home. Albeit I'm trying my best to fit in and getting used to every single thing here, my heart remains in that little isle. Home is where the heart is, so the saying goes. This phrase will remain insignificant until you leave home: Your refuge, the only place where you'll feel secure. I miss the warmth of my mother's hands, my father's tenor, even just simply sitting down on the couch doing nothing at all.
The first two days here were hard for me. I admit, I cried. (Bernard, you were right.) I couldn't accept the fact that I'm going to be away for weeks. Days pass like weeks, and weeks like months. There's nothing here to distract me from thinking about all these things. Friends of mine sent their warmest regards. Even so, they have their own lives. At point of writing, I wonder what Yi Lyn's doing now. Sleeping, I presume.
I couldn't find time to call and talk to my closest friends. I called my mom most. Even until today, my heart still feels heavy whenever I hear her voice. I guess all the mothers are worried sick about their child.
There's no one here to remind me to talk my medicine, to get to bed early and such. I'm on my own. I'm still unprepared.
Classes will start tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I need courage. I need security. I need luck. I need friendly faces. I need a shoulder to lean on when I'm weary.
Last but not least, I need wifi.
2 comments:
I feel like crying too. =\
I know, super overdue comment, right? haha. I read this last time before, it's just that now, after going through the same thing you did when you wrote this, I feel like I can relate so much more to it. I felt the same way you did during my first week in college. Still do occasionally as a matter of fact.
Great post. It helped me a lot in realizing I'm not alone. Although of course, by now you are super used to being at college and I'm just beginning. Hahaha. ;)
Post a Comment