Saturday, November 28, 2009

I don't understand

Why young children nowadays have Facebook.

To think of it, it's rather pointless isn't it? Personally, I had decided to create a Facebook account because it is deemed better than Friendster. I doubt if those kids know what Facebook is all about. Apart from playing Cafe World, Word Challenge, Farmville etc., they don't actually have a concrete reason to have a Facebook account, do they?

Facebook is a Social Networking site, for goodness' sake. Not a place for young kids to play games. The worst part is that their parents are actually proud to tell everyone that "Hey, my kid has a Facebook account, too!" Come on, what's the point? Kids don't post notes, they don't write on people's walls, they don't wish nobody 'Happy Birthday' (which, in my opinion, is pretty useful. I mean the birthday reminders.) It's rather annoying, really. Do they have old, long lost friends to keep in touch with?

Looking at the increasing count of children under 12 playing Facebook really annoys me to bits.

1 comment:

Whitesabre said...

Lol it's juz the trend. Everybody wants to catch up wif the world's trend. And for those who has no fb acc, their frenz would say "omg u're living in ice age". So there u go, how they get to know it. Adults of coz. Ppl like our age influencing them. No choice coz this is a world without internet borders.