Thursday, March 25, 2010

It has been a while since I last contacted my high school friends. I thought about them for a while before I went to bed last night. So many details came into my mind - our timetable, our seats in class, what we normally eat during recess and the like.

“How’s everyone doing”, I asked myself. Do I know? Do I even bother? Of course I do bother, but to what extend?

What’s Angelin doing in Penang? Will she be going to AIMST, or UCSI? Is she still upset about her part-time job at the pharmacy? What about Joyce? Is she happy in UTAR? Has she found good friends? How’s Xin Ling doing in Intec? Is she still feeling homesick? Is she coping well with her studies? Is Michelle doing fine is Australia? Does she like the food, the people and the environment? How’s Yi Lyn in KDU? Is she still eating as much as before? When will I see her again? What about Audelia? How is her relationship with her college friends? Is she still that blur?

I couldn’t answer any of the questions. I realized, all this while I didn’t even put in any effort to keep in touch with them. Why? Was I too caught up with school work? No, I don’t have that much of school work to begin with. Was I afraid that I might be bothering them with casual phone calls? Maybe. When will be the best time to talk to them? I don’t know, either.

All these eventually come down to one conclusion: We think about one another, but we never tell. So long as I know they will always be there when I need them, and I know I will always be there for them all the same, I guess nothing else matters.

5 comments:

jordanc said...

patsy!!...i can't say on behalf of others...but i sure do know you still care...=D...and just to let you know...i am still that blur...and is now being addressed as the mafia in my class...hahaha...
it's true sometimes it's hard to catch up with the others...but we have our lives to live and they have theirs...it's inevitable that we don't get to see each other much and catch up...so as long as we made the best of the time we have with each other...whenever we have the chance to meet up...
p/s: so no excuse for ppk-ing me next time...hahaha...=P

lynz184 said...

i miss high skool!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I'm still eating like a glutton.. what's Yi Lyn if not about eating?? HAHAHAHAHAHA... I miss u too girl girl.. hahaha... patsy oh patsy where art thou patsy... HAHAHA... We'll meet 1 fine day... I'm SURE!!! =)

Anonymous said...

sometimes i have been wondering the questions u mentioned too. I seldom talk or chat with my sisters. but all of us knew that we still love and care for each other.
The bond is still there. so do the memories.
Miss u girl :)

Anonymous said...

aww....pattt!!! so sweet la!! helping u to answer one question of yours there - xin ling isnt as homesick anymore =) still a little la, no doubt :)

how are u doing? :)