Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hodophobia

To date, my fear for driving is a huge pain in my butt, be it driving on the road or just the 3 mandatory tasks that one has to go through in order to pass the driving test.

1. Slope.
Initially, I wasn't afraid to do this at all. I thought it was -fun-, to say the least, because I love to step on the acceleration pedal while going uphill and downhill. Grins. And the brakes, yes. But eversince the QTI (I don't know what it stands for), I don't quite enjoy doing this task as much as before, reason being I failed to perform this task correctly for 3 times in a row, and it all happened during the QTI. I earned a heap of bad comments about that from the... the... uhh... man who was inspecting at that time. Hence, the fear.

2. 3 point turns.
I'm sure many of you will agree with me on this one: This is the easiest task of all three. My 3 point turns are all pErFeCt! But apparently, yesterday, one of my front tyres kissed the first pole when I was attempting to exit. My confidence, henceforth, has been embedded in the core of my spine.

3. Side-parking.
3 poles hit during my first attempt, and 2 during the QTI. I shall elaborate not, for it will stir some laughter and sarcasm which I believe will bring me misery, rather than relief. Life is harsh.

4. Reverberation of the fallen poles.
And that brings hyperventilation and rapid heart beats. Don't believe? Ask Angelin.

Any advice?

When will the day when I'm no longer afraid to drive come?






May Buddha Bless Me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my guess is the day Wayne Rooney sat beside you naked from the waist up. You'd be ogling at him too much to be afraid ;D

Patsy said...

Eh Yuna, I was just kidding about the Wayne Rooney issue! Haha, but then again, if he has a hot body, with his face covered with a paper bag with two holes for the eyes, WHY NOT?! :D