Loneliness.
It has been a while since I last felt this way. Being in a new place, looking at a sea of new, unfamiliar faces brings about this sudden gush of feeling which had been embedded somewhere deep in my conscience, or so I thought. I miss my friends, their voiecs, their laughters which decorated every minute of my moment in school. Those warm, caring and honest appeal that made me feel at home, not out of place.
But they are not with me now.
I've found myself a new circle of friends, maybe. But there is a gap in between which hinders me from expressing my honest feelings. To some, i may appear to be someone unfriendly. I lost the interest to smile at everyone whenever I walk pass them, be it a friend or a stranger. I gave up sharing every bit of detail with people around me. I'm becoming a little selfish. Why? I asked myself. Because no one noticed. No one cared.
Sure, I still have nice friends whom I can discuss homework and assignments with. But, sadly, that is all. No casual talks nor impromptu conversations. I realised: What Puan Indra had told us was true - Your true friends in life are those you meet in high school.
In this phase of transition, I don't have a certain like or dislike towards anybody. I'm still my jolly, happy self. And to those who still go to the same college, having old classmates as college coursemates, be grateful for that because you'll never know how it feels to be all by yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment