Saturday, October 4, 2008

Books and Magazines

I went to Queensbay on Thursday and I bought this:

(Angelin, be jealous.)


(Actually, you don't have to because, as you can see, I'm a kind person. so I'll lend it to you, OK?)


So, as I was saying, I bought this book:

The Sherlock Holmes Mysteries.

The book contains 22 stories, of which I've read a few before. Price? Rm20+. Don't bother going to Borders to get this now because it seems I bought the very last one. But there are a few more different collections if you are interested, but you'll have to pay more. :D

Don't let the title of the novel fool you. It's not like those boring detective someone-died-and-the-detective-shot-the-murderer kind of story. It's like reading the Da Vinci Code. Thrilling.

And I also bought the October edition of Reader's Digest! I missed the September edition, but, nevermind. It seems that they've changed the layout. And the jokes are not that -sweat-case- anymore!

I find this very interesting. it's from the Word Power section. Read on:

1) Spoonerism - saying "right lane" for "light rain".
We say that sometimes, don't we?

2) Neologism - A made-up or coined word. e.g. She just had a big brainstorm - she calls it a psychlone.
LOL

3) Cruciverbalist - A lover of crossword puzzles. e.g. I shun cruciverbalists. They're either cross or down.
LOL LOL LOL

And some jokes:

1. The pastor asks his flock, "What would you like people to say when you're in the casket?"
One congregant says, "I'd like them to say I was a fine family man."
Another says, "I'd like them to say I helped people."
And the third responds, "I'd like them to say, 'Look! I think he's moving!'"

2. Lawyer: Do you know when that meeting occured?
Witness: The March 9 meeting?
Lawyer: Yes.
Witness: March 9.

Ok, I've to admit. This is a -sweatcase- joke.

Tata! XD

No comments: