Monday, October 20, 2008

Big, Fat Rights

[EDIT]

Do not judge a book by its cover, the saying goes...

Do we really see? Or is it just a glance? Why do we ignore, when there's something better behind what we see?

Okay, I'll go straight to the point.

Recently, I came across several blog posts whereby the contents were clear, without obscuring what the real intention was: To denounce people who are big in size. Let me first ask you a simple question. Is it wrong to be plump? After all, God made them this way. In any way, God made us to be special, or at least we think we are. Sadly, to some people who think with their buttocks, they equate fat with crime.

Honestly, who wouldn't want to look attractive? Why do some people see things as what they appear to be? Don't they ponder what lies beneath the surface? Does a person's outlook reflect who they really are within?

Comments like, "Patsy, you are so small. I think you can fit into my pocket," are often thrown at me. Perhaps that is not as offensive/hurtful as comments like "You Fat a**" or the worst way, sarcasm. "You are so slim" doesn't really sound sincere when you're saying that to someone twice your size, you know what I mean?

I'm disgusted by people who think they are so good-looking that they think the have the rights to insult others' appearances. Okay, maybe you're not as fat as her, or as huge as her, but think again. Do you think she wants to be fat? To wear XL-sized shirts? To be insulted and make major headlines in your blogs and laughed by mindless readers who have the same mentality as you? I ask again. Who wouldn't want to look attractive?

Humans are humans because humans are different from one another. Get it?

To be attractive is one thing. To have a character which complements the attractive appearance is another thing. Beautiful face + unpleasant character = loser. Look into the mirror and see the heart within you before you criticize someone.

Why are fat people often oppressed? Because they look lazy. They look sluggish. They are simply, unpleasant to the eyes. And we laugh at them. HAHA. I saw this interesting news on a Taiwanese news channel. A lady was denied a job offer simply because she was too heavy. I mean, seriously, she was weighed even before the job interview. This job requirement is ridiculous.

And the company's reason for rejecting her? The company wanted slim, good-looking women as the promoters. (The company sells spectacles) So, the lady didn't get the job because she was too fat.

I have a friend who's quite big in size. She was being detested and hated by some idiots who think they are good-looking, or at least, better looking than her. The laughable issue here is those idiots are nobody better than my big friend. My friend is helpful, sociable and kind-hearted. And yet, she's hated. She told me several times before that she cried in the toilet because she was hurt by what people said about her. It's sad, really. To see someone being condemned like this, it really is challenging my patience.

To those people who have any blog post criticizing people who are fat, I'm shoving this post right into your throats.

So, look at yourself in the mirror until you're d*rn sure before you start to laugh at fat people.

2 comments:

JJLoh said...

i geuss i m ur fat fren lolx
thanks 4 da defense attorney phelps hahahahahhah
its da nicest thing i have ever heard from a friend seriously.....
u teach wan <3......appriciate it
GO M.P.!!!!!!!!!u rock hahahahahax

peace The Dogaholic

Patsy said...

Hey... u still owe me 2 bags of potato chips. make it 5 then, since I wrote this long post for you. XD