Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Twilight

So, as a big fan of 'Twilight' and its sequels, I shall post my personal review of the movie.

1. Too many alterations - like the scene right when Bella arrives in Forks, she'd already met Jacob and Billy Black. Hmm... and when Bella confessed about her knowledge of Edward's... errrrm 'uniqueness', it happened in Edward's car, not in a lush, green forest of the Amazon (literally)

2. Typical 'Malaysian' censorship - That 30-minute intense passion of Edward and Bella in Bella's room was censored, to avoid unnecessary arousal among some viewers who just can't... control their desires. Wise move, I wonder.

3. Edward has too-red lips - which does not really compliment that pale, grey skin of his. Looks scary, in fact. (Well, he was supposed to be that)

4. Predictable dialogues - maybe it's just me. Forget this.
Correction: Angelin, it's money... sex.... money... sex.... cat... and you... nothing. (And sex is not a foul word =.=)

5. I just can't get over the fact that the kissing scene was scraped off. Hmph!

6. Good choice of casts - Exactly as I imagined them to me when I was reading the book. Except for Bella, of course. The book doesn't state that she has half-protruding front teeth, and a low voice. Emmett didn't have curly hair in the movie. But Rosalie looked quite good. Alice, well... I imagine her to be smaller, but she's okay. Carlisle, attractive as he was portrayed in the novel. :)

7. Too little appearances of humans - like Tyler and... Lauren???

No comments: