I feel that some of the students in college are wasting their parents' money by enrolling in courses which they don't even put an effort to perform. People have this particular idea that all college students are from rich families, and in our society, the misconception of rich-kids-wasting-away-in-college lingers in almost everyone's mind.
Some people go to college to acquire education of higher standards. Clearly, education in Malaysia is substandard when compared to... it's just substandard. I'm not discriminating rich students, but those who are obviously slacking off and wasting away every single day. They have their rights to study there because their fathers can afford to pay, but what do they do everyday? They skip class as they wish, come in late and leave early, they don't even bother to complete their homework! This is the time when I think the class-streaming system is useful.
There are a lot of us who want to do well and are clearly putting an effort in whatever they do. It's just sad to see some that don't even give a d*mn about anything and just come to college for... God knows what. They can afford to retake the course for as many times as they want because their parents can pay for them. Whereas for some, it's a do-or-die situation. I feel it's an insult for those hardworking students to be associated with these particular group. We're talking about stereotyping, again.
Maybe it's not my business to be so concerned about all these petty issues; I'm not involved, anyway. But, it's just my personal opinion.
1 comment:
YES, it's an INSULT
Post a Comment