Friday, September 12, 2008

Simple Instructions Too Complicated For Form Five Students

I'm perplexed by the 'mind-blowing' behaviours and attitude of the seventeen-year-olds. Complex formulae, equations, the 1001 Sejarah facts seemed so easy to be digested and vomitted during examinations. But why, WHY is it that simple instructions like 'Please Keep Quiet' and 'Be Seated' are ignored again and again during exams and the poor teachers have to use sarcasm to settle this situation. Is this the way to behave, fellow Form Fives?

I can understand that exams are giving us sheer stress, but we should not use that as an excuse to break school rules etc. Does that mean every student who sits for some exam can do whatever she likes?

Well, I'm sure all of us here are well 'educated' enough to understand the statement I'm about to reveal:

'Jangan Buka Kertas Soalan Sehingga Diberitahu'

and some of us are happily flipping away.

Mind you, that particular statement is bolded and printed in CAPITAL LETTERS. Too bad the words are not coloured, if not I think it's wise to print them in fluorescent YELLOW.

In this kind of situation, everyone is to be blamed by the teachers. The quiet, the noisy, the sleepy, the conscious.

And I'm not trying to boot-lick the teachers. If you think I am, it's just because you're one of those who cannot understand simple English/Malay.

No comments: