Saturday, September 6, 2008

Song/Piece Recommendation

Was browsing for some Jazz pieces by Michel Camilo @ Limewire. Well, I got to know about this great pianist when my teacher chose his piece, On Fire for the Electone Festival in June. Will upload the competition vid soon (I've said this twice :p). I decided to get it from my teacher MYSELF. It has been 3 months. Miss the good old days.

Anyways, Jimmy Boyle and the Jazz Festival is another major competition I'm taking part in. Be sure to be there because it's after the SPM! (no more excuses). We (an amateur group) will be up against several professional contenders - USM undergraduates and performers under 25. A good experience maybe. This kind of oppurtunity is rare and hard to come by.

So, back to my point of this post. Jazz pieces, yes.

Michel Camilo & Tomatito - Libertango (Piano and guitar duet)
Great combination. Will lay my hands on their album soon.

Michel Camilo - Descarga for Tito (Piano and drums)
Classic Michel Camilo jazz style

Michel Camilo - Anthony's Blues (Piano and drums)

Will update some more in the future. Feeling a lil' drowsy.

Good night! (or rather... good morning?)

No comments: